Questions about our dog rehoming services? Contact us here!
No dog owner wants to be in the difficult situation of having to rehome a dog. Your dog means the world to you, and there is nothing you would want more than to keep your dog for life. But life can be very uncooperative. The best laid plans for dog ownership can be interrupted by illness, financial difficulties, increased job demands requiring travel, a move, landlord restrictions, allergies, disability, pregnancy and raising young children and a myriad of other situations.
Rehoming your dog can be necessary, and this very emotional choice carries with it a lot of responsibility for finding a good home for your dog.
For most dog owners, leaving your cherished companion at animal shelter is NOT an OPTION. The stress, uncertainty and sadness that both you and your dog would face through such an action is more that either of you can bear.
But finding a good home for your dog on your own is not an easy task. There are many dangers that lie in store for well-meaning owners looking to give away their dog. Extreme care must be taken in ensuring that your dog is placed in the very best home.
You want to find the perfect new home for your dog. A home with people who understand your dog – warts and all – and are committed to providing a safe, loving environment where your dogs’ needs for care, companionship, nutrition, exercise and health care are more than met. You want a people who will love your dog as much – or even more – than you do.
Dog Rehoming Services – Let Us Rehome Your Dog Safely
Since 2010, our team has been finding fantastic homes for pre-loved dogs. Our staff have more than 50 years combined experience in pet adoptions, working throughout the USA and Canada helping dog owners in need to rehome a dog.
We have brought about many, many happy endings for dogs and their owners. We replace uncertainty with peace of mind, and heartache with happiness. So many dog owners have trusted us to rehome their cherished companions.
Our Dog Rehoming Team Offers:
- Professional writers will create a very compelling and honest adoption story to entice potential adoptive families, while making sure they are aware of any health or behavior issues your dog may have.
- Post your dog’s story to numerous pet adoption classified services on your behalf, with calls and email inquiries sent to our staff to screen and respond to. You get to enjoy your dog while we do the work in dealing with all those calls, texts and emails – many of which can be very upsetting to you.
- Social Media Campaign. We initiate a sharing campaign on Facebook and other social media websites asking dog lovers in your area to spread the word about your dog’s need for a new home. This modern approach to dog rehoming has proven very successful when done properly. This outreach allows us to rehome a dog quickly in most cases.
- Local outreach. We will contact local pet related services and ask for their help in spreading the word. This includes veterinary clinics, dog trainers, pet sitters, dog groomers and dog walkers – all of whom interact with potential adoptive families on a daily basis.
- Screen potential adopters via our detailed Adoption Applications System. When a potential adoptive family reaches out to us, we ask that they submit an adoption offer via our applications system, where they are asked to provide detailed information on why they would be a good choice for your dog’s new family.
- Adopter Screening. We will perform a background check on all potential adopters before sending their information your way. We will also check through their social media accounts for any red flags. Ensuring the wellbeing of your pet through careful screening is an essential step in safe pet rehoming.
- We will send pre-screened applications to you by email – and follow up to ensure that you have received this information.
- Adoption Agreement. Once you have decided to place your dog with a chosen family, we will provide you with an adoption agreement that both you and the adopters will sign. This helps to ensure your dog’s future well-being, and prevents your dog being surrendered to a shelter or rescue without your consent.
- After care. We are here for you after you place your dog in their new home. Dog owners find rehoming a dog to be a highly emotional event. It is not uncommon to go through feelings of guilt, loss and mourning. Our compassionate staff are here for you. We have so much empathy for everyone facing the choice to rehome a dog and provide you with unlimited phone support.
- Follow up. We will follow up with the new owner after two weeks to make sure that things are going smoothly, answer any questions, and offer helpful advice if your dog is experiencing any issues with the transition. We stay in touch for the first 3 months of ownership to make sure that your pet is being well cared for, safe, happy and loved.
- Rehoming Guarantee. We stand behind our rehoming services. If, for any reason, an adoption does not work out within the first three months, our team will rehome your pet once again, at no additional cost to you. The new owners are expected to house and care for your dog until a suitable new home can be found.
Want to learn more about how to rehome a dog through our dog rehoming services? Give us a call toll free at 1 (888) 720-3322 or Contact Us By Email.
If you are ready to place a request to rehome a dog, please fill out the form below. We look forward to offering our help and support to you in this most difficult situation.