Thinking of adopting a cat? While there are many sources offering cats for adoption throughout the USA and Canada, one of the best ways to find the cat of your dreams is through our private cat rehoming service, from a cat owner who can no longer care for their companion.
At Pet Rehoming Network, we specialize in bringing cat lovers together; cat owners who are faced with the very unfortunate situation of having to find a good home for their cat or kitten, and cat lovers who have been searching for the right feline companion to add to their home.
While animal shelters and cat rescue organizations provide a much needed service for cats in need, they are really no place for pre-loved cats that are used to being pampered. Our private cat adoption process helps facilitate home-to-home cat adoptions, so that family cats need never “set paw” in a shelter or rescue.
Cats For Adoption By Owner
[blog_list thumb=”medium” showposts=”10″ post_content=”excerpt” category_in=”216″ pagination=”true” disable=”meta”]
The Benefits of Home to Home Cat Adoptions:
- Most cats being placed for adoption by their owners are in exceptional health, and have had all of their veterinary care taken care of. This can save you hundreds of dollars by eliminating the need to have your new cat spayed or neutered, microchipped, vaccinated or given a health check.
- You get to learn all about the cats’ history from people who know the cat very well. The cats’ owners can tell you what kind of personality the cat has, whether the cat is good with other animals, whether the cat likes to be cuddled and held, is playful, well behaved and more.
- If you have small children or are thinking of starting a family, choosing a cat that is accepting of children is very important. By adopting a family companion that is used to being around kids is the best way to ensure that you are getting a cat that will be good with your little ones.
- No cat owner ever wants to give up their cherished companion. Unfortunately circumstances occur that make this difficult choice a must-do. Situations such as severe cat allergies, financial difficulties, illness and disability, a long distance move, landlord restrictions, divorce and even the death of a cat owner are just some of the understandable reasons why rehoming a cat becomes necessary. By adopting a cat directly from the owner, you are helping bring about a happy ending to a very difficult situation, and keeping a wonderful cat out of the local shelter or rescue.
- Cats being placed for adoption by their owners almost always come equipped with plenty of supplies. This saves you the expense of purchasing such items as litter boxes, pet beds, carriers, cat condos, preventative medications and even food, toys and treats.
- You will add love, joy, laughter and companionship to your life – and at the same time create a lasting friendship with the cats owner, so very grateful to you for your kindness in giving their beloved cat a second chance for a loving, forever home.